Monday, August 31, 2015

Laced with Confidence


The dress is from Forever 21 Plus, the swimsuit top is from Monif C, and the swimsuit bottoms are from Sammydress.

Now let’s talk about what it took for me to take this picture. I kept going back and forth on taking a risk and showcasing this beautiful lace maxi with a swimsuit; or playing it safe and wearing a slim fitted dress.

I thought about the way I lived my life in the past--always playing it safe--whether it be in my career, my love life, or my finances. This was mainly due to a lack of confidence in my ability to do great things. Over the years, however, I have been slowly building up my confidence. So, I would be doing myself a disservice if I opted for the fitted dress, right? Right!

After taking the picture, I thought I was hot stuff and strutted around for a bit before hopping back into jeans and a simple tee. BUT my point is I took a risk. That’s what I wanted to show you guys: how to be bold while facing your struggles.

As I write this post, I am reminded of a quote by Joe Namath: "When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things." I am so ready to start doing amazing things, starting by being Laced in Confidence.

Until next time, stay fly.

4 comments:

  1. Great post!! Confidence is key! You look very confident in this photo and it is BEAUTIFUL! Take note people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it flow. looking good

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete