Sunday, April 19, 2015

Shop Your Closet Update

This post will be sweet and to the point. Just want to show you the outfits I came up with during "Shop Your Closet” week. I learned a lot about myself while picking out my clothes each day. Here are some of my observations: 
  • I really like black
  • I need to incorporate more color into my wardrobe
  • I dig no-fuss clothing
  • I look great in jeans

Going into this project, I figured it was a good way to look great without spending any money. And I knew it would teach me how to work with what I’ve got and be grateful for what I have. Those lessons were much-needed, but this challenge also helped me become a more focused and conscious shopper. Knowing what you like and don't like, you avoid buying items that will sit in your closet, with you rifling past them saying “Why did I buy this.” Trust me, your pockets will thank you.

I know a lot of you didn’t participate this week, but I challenge you do so next month. Shop Your Closet was a terrific experience for me and I would love to share it with you all.

So long until next time... 

3 comments:

  1. Well it made me realize. I'm older and a bit out of date but don't get me wrong. It's a eye opener to what i need to look for when I do shop, i like your choice of outfits but the best for me was the black and white pants and top, the long black dress was just to much and had no accent or happy colors you saw what I was wearing and you didn't take my pic so my outfit didn't make the grade but it's will get better because i am more aware, what a wake call got some work to do ms. fashionista. Good read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfits! I tend to wear s lot of black myself so I agree with needing to add more color. Great post Marcie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!!! Cute long black skirt with black top accent scarf!!! Nothing wrong with a lot of black, that's all I wear! Lol

    ReplyDelete