Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What Do Your Clothes Do For You?

Anchors over the years have been a symbol of security, stability, being grounded and strength as they hold down ships even in the stormiest of weather. 


If and when you run into me, I always have on something with an anchor or it; earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, or just the tattoo on my forearm, shined up peeking out of the rolled up sleeve of my cardigan. If I’m having a bad day, I look down at that anchor and remind myself of all the things stated above that reside in me.


That’s what your clothes should do: (outside of a higher power) bring some type of peace to your life. Whether it’s a crease in your pants that reminds you it’s okay to be straight-laced, the little wrinkles you haphazardly leave in your shirt as a reminder not to take life too seriously, or a kooky pair of socks you put on to make others laugh. 


If you don’t have pieces that bring you peace or happiness, I suggest you reflect on your wardrobe until you find it. It may be a superstition of mine or a crutch (like a child's security blanket) but I believe that your clothing is more powerful than you know. Choose wisely.






2 comments: